Friday, April 25, 2008

things are all changing up and making the world smell strange

it's been some time since
i shaved my legs and we talked about your life

you wondered about her and asked me what to do

she called you and i said i didn't know, but it sounds like it could happen

we stayed up all night talking, praying, and laughing

i thought it was all happening to everyone but me

i got those questions about 'us'

we went through the closets and got rid of our shit
          things were ours and not just yours and mine

we've sung songs, even the ones we didn't really like

we smoked and shared life together

you gave me that look that i can't get out of my mind

more recently
you got food all over your face and used my  handkerchief to clean it up
          because you're a messy eater

i still haven't shaved my legs

you knew that i would remember even when you didn't
          so you asked me to come along, and i did

we met and stayed together for hours longer than we had planned

we sang songs, even the ones we don't really like

i got those questions about 'us'

your life is an old book, opening up to new parts

you gave me that look that i can't get out of my mind

No comments: